About The Ascend Fund
The Ascend Fund is a collaborative fund designed to accelerate progress toward gender equity among elected officials in the U.S. The Fund pools philanthropic capital to support nonpartisan, nonprofit organizations aligned with this goal who are preparing women to run for office and working to break down the barriers preventing women from getting elected.
The Senior Program Officer will be responsible for leading the strategic direction of The Ascend Fund, including managing a portfolio of grants, leading program strategy and implementation, engaging with donors and potential donors, and managing the fund’s budget.
- At least seven years of professional experience in policy or political campaigns
- Ability to partner through connecting, communicating and collaborating with a variety of internal and external stakeholders with diplomacy
- Experience with program management and implementation including managing to a budget
- Demonstrated management experience including ability to motivate and support staff and external consultants
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and lead the efforts of other professionals to meet program goals
- Ability to travel domestically as needed
- This position's preferred location is in Seattle, Washington
- Help frame strategies and approaches regarding the direction of The Ascend Fund, including its grant-making program with transparency
- Write reports and messages for a variety of audiences, including funders and grantees
- Actively engage with grantees focused on relationship building, partnership, and collaboration, including review grantees’ program budgets and reports, and maintaining regular communication as needed
- Represent The Ascend Fund in meetings with funders bringing organizational values of continuous learning and improvement
- Maintain relationships with civic organizations and funding networks with authenticity
- Monitor, analyze, and report on political and related developments in the United States
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation process, tracking and documenting program activities and assessing the Fund’s impact
Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional understanding of philanthropy as it relates to nonprofit sector and a wide and deep knowledge of fundamental disciplines of resource development
- Strong program management skills from design through implementation, evaluation, and close-out grounded in a growth and learning mindset
- Demonstrated leadership ability while also contributing and collaborating as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize work and multi-task to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment; open to risk, change, and iterative progression
Panorama is an action tank working to solve global problems through audacious thinking and bold action. We bring together diverse perspectives to spark new ideas that create change. We partner with ambitious leaders to strengthen their organizations and achieve their goals, and we initiate projects when we see gaps that need to be filled.
Panorama is a team of strategists, advocates, campaigners, analysts, storytellers, resource mobilizers, and organizational designers with deep experience in foundations, non-governmental organizations, private companies, and public institutions. We are all inspired by a life-long commitment to improve our world.
Panorama’s values are reflected in our lives, work, name, and logo.
- We take a Global Perspective, and embrace diverse thinking and experiences.
- Our Vision requires that we see the big picture and examine all angles.
- Personal and professional Integrity positions us to wholly commit and steadfastly hold to our purpose.
- Believers in Servant Leadership, Panorama is a mission-driven organization working for the greater good.
- We strive for Impact, and our team acts boldly and creates a ripple effect.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.